philips cd 930 error

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
lenz said:
Hallo

Press 2 keys simultaneously:
play, stop, next, previous
+power on

Display will show you all system errors.

For instance:

ER02 = focus error
ER03 = radial error
ER04 = too many TL
ER05 = TL low to long
ER06 = jump error
etc.

hello again,I have problem with cd931, turntable no turn -no voltage on motor and on motor drive output,laser skip and read,when I remove disk switch "no disk"
display switch ER04 ,wha is "to many TL".I dont understand.help me please.

Re: Brrrrrrrrrrr

QSerraTico_Tico said:

Stupid mods.
1st he should install a low jitter CLOCK! A crystal does not have jitter on it's own.
RCA SPDIF out dumb, should be 75-Ohm BNC or similar.
I don't want to explain this again.
Oscons on opamps, brrrrrrrr
Etc. etc.

hello.QSerraTico_Tico.you are right,I dont tweak this cd for this mods,this is third my cd930 or cd931,and all have problems

:smash:
on opams I used pana fc, oscon is good in digital part,but other says oscon is bad:down: ,in output mundorf mkp, opamps lm4562 .....this answer I ask more than year ago:mad:
I like cd93o and others 900 series player.Its sound after tweak is intresting to me,I have philips cd303,cd104,cd304 ,i want tweak them,but later,sound is good too.

this cd931 work good,its bad solder to voltage stab.its no may sold . and were difficult to find it.but its ok.:happy1:

Hi,
I agree with those mods being a bit pants.
I wouldn't replace the crystal. I'd remove it and place it in a clock module (like a Kwak clock, or use a tent clock, or similar).
I would work out if I ultmately want to use the SPDIF out or the analogue out, and totally disable the other. Seems harsh, but if you're not using it, don't have it polluting the power rails.
Upgrading capacitors and opamps are of course a good idea. I would look around for different opamps than 5532. Looks like you've already done that.
I've had similar problems to your CD931 with a CD950. I bought it as a spare parts donor for my CD940, mainly because it has a spare CDM9. However, its CDM9 is worse than my original one. So, I still don't really have a backup plan for if my transport dies.
I admit I haven't really bothered to investigate the problem much.

Did you replace the laser? Or the entire CDM9?
Is it possible to replace just the laser?
{I might have imagined it, but I think I remember someone trying to transplant a CDM4 laser into something else, maybe a CDM9. No idea if its possible, if it worked, or if it was actually attempted (I might have been confused at the time!).}
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong there!

Cheers,
Phil

Other members are helping with error codes!!
Regarding problems with using cdrw disks I have seen this many times before
I have been able to recreate problem by writing disk in cd drive (a) and then playing in cd player (b) SOME cd mastering softwares can be set to record in max compatibility mode but I cant say for sure if this would help in your case.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Have you cleaned the objective lens on the pickup?

Heat from a hair drier getting it running could point to a suspect electrolytic cap somewhere, or even a problem with the pickup/platter motor.

Does it spin the disc to correct speed and come up with the error or does it just sit there?

As always a good 'scope is the tool of choice for working on such faults. You need to see what the RF signal looks like when it does finally play because it might be very borderline.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.