Sony BU-1E Laser??????????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone one seen or heard of this laser, it's in a Onkyo Grand Integra DX-G10 cd player that weighs a ton and some, and is built like nothing I've ever seen.

Is this the laser that has the mini tantalum cap problem that I've read about? As this laser has red top yellow middle and green bottom tantalum and is +&- marked where it's soldered onto the laser board?

Also does anyone know what D/A's this unit used, there is 2 off them but I cannot read the as the have covers over them.

Any help anyone?

Cheers George

I'm hoping someone missed the original post, there must be one of you laser heads that have see this Sony laser.
Since the first post I found an obscure cross ref number of 24506746 for this laser, this machine has I found out 2 x discrete 18 bit D/A converter section, and the transport is linked via 5 x glass optical cable links to the D/A board. Below is a low res photo of the internals, this thing weighs in at 30kg!!!!!!!

Cheers George

Attachments

• 100_02571.gif
    100_02571.gif
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,133
Lasers

Hello George

Are you sure that the DX G-10 shares laser with the old Sony's? The CDP-X77ES uses KSS 280A and the CDP-X777ES uses KSS 281A as far as I know?

But maybe the BU-1E are similar to those lasers? Do you know that?

If you can tell me where to find a laser for the DX-G10 it would be really great.

Best regards Mr. Vintage

Sorry for memory it's esd at the end of those numbers, mine came from our member here Bernhard, he took it out of his second hand 333esd and it was perfect for the GX10, give him a PM he will remember, he had another one he said that was the same it's in a 555 I could of had also.

(The same laser (BU-1E) is used in the cdp-605esd cdp-555esd and the cdp-333esd, the Onkyo Grand Integra DX-G10 or europe no. DX-6990)

For memory this was the laser used in Sony's massive statment player the R1

Cheers George

georgehifi said:

For memory this was the laser used in Sony's massive statment player the R1

Cheers George

I'm not sure if the BU-1E laser can be used for the Sony R1 but I'm 100% sure that the R1 uses the KSS-190A laser cos I've the R1 & I'm still searching for the KSS-190A for the past 2 yrs as spare but w/o success. If you are sure that the BU-1E can be replaced with the KSS-190A, that would be great as I've a Sony 502esII which uses the BU-1E

:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.