Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Wanted: CS5326/7/8/9 datasheet.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th January 2006, 07:50 AM   #11
peranders is offline peranders  Sweden
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

I have the 1994 Crystal databook and CS5326 is there. Let me know if you can't get the datasheet in any other way.
Old 15th February 2006, 11:35 AM   #12
donjoan is offline donjoan  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default cs5326 datashett

Hi,
if you are still interested, please send me an e-mail for a free scanned pdf copy.
Regards
Don Joan
Old 15th February 2006, 01:02 PM   #13
rfbrw is offline rfbrw
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the offer but I found my 1994 Crystal Semiconductor databook.
Old 8th March 2006, 08:50 AM   #14
Lyra is offline Lyra  Norway
diyAudio Member

Default Thank You !!

I would like to thank peranders for supplying a pdf file of the CS5389-KP datasheet.

Now it look like the major problems are solved , but there is one little problem that might cause me some problems...
It looks like the original CS5389-KP AD-converter don't use the "raw" clock-signal, so I'll have to pick this up somewhere else inside the equipment...

And here is the question...how long can the wire transporting the (aprox 12Mhz) clock signal be, and is there any precaucions I should take to avoiding problems when I hardwire the clock-signal to a "new" place ?

Lyra
Old 8th March 2006, 09:36 AM   #15
Lyra is offline Lyra  Norway
diyAudio Member

Default Oppps...

A little tired today... :-)
The prior post should have been here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...threadid=67534
but what a h...

Lyra
Old 10th November 2007, 04:05 PM   #16
DragonMaster is offline DragonMaster  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi there, old post I know...

I'm looking for an AK5326/CS5326 chip. I got the Cirrus Logic datasheet from AKM. They said it was the same thing actually:

Quote:
I have attached the datasheet for the CS5326, this is the part we made for Cirrus Logic in the US market. I do not have an English version of the AK5326 version of this part. This part was made, back in '89, when we were partner companies with Cirrus Logic.
I'm still not sure of what the problem is with the A/D circuit I'm trying to fix, but it seems to be related to the AK ADC chip. The machine is a Fostex DAT recorder. When I use the digital input, there's no problem. If I use the analog input, I get a minimum of -60dB signal, from what the VU meter states. This signal looks like it's some leaking digital noise, since when I change the sampling rate or enable/disable emphasis, it's shape changes(But the recorded sound doesn't audibly changes with emphasis turned on or off).

If I change the input volume or disconnect the input amps(one of them), the level stays the same. I thought for a moment it could be caused by the M5220L opamp, but it's S/N is -83dB, not -60dB.

If I place a finger on the ADC chip, the noise shape changes as well, but the same thing also happens with a smaller effect if I touch the logic chips where the ADC's signal passes through.

Anyone has a guess of what could be happening here? Could it be a failing ADC or failing logic chips?
Old 10th November 2007, 04:26 PM   #17
rfbrw is offline rfbrw
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMaster
Hi there, old post I know...

I'm looking for an AK5326/CS5326 chip.

DIP or SMD ?
Old 10th November 2007, 04:46 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

DIP. Oh, by the way, AKM seems to suggest me that a cap could be failing. Strange for a 1996 unit though...
Old 11th November 2007, 12:20 AM   #19
rfbrw is offline rfbrw
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMaster
DIP.
A cheap source, around here and on ebay at rate, is the Digidesign 442 I/O unit. Replacing the '5326 in the unit was why I wanted the datasheet in the first place.

Quote:

Oh, by the way, AKM seems to suggest me that a cap could be failing. Strange for a 1996 unit though...
Could just be bad luck.
Old 11th November 2007, 12:58 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
A cheap source, around here and on ebay at rate, is the Digidesign 442 I/O unit.
Great! Even cheaper than a $10 chip!

Wanted: CS5326/7/8/9 datasheet.Hide this!Advertise here!