"No Disc" message

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"No Disc" message

Hi,

I am very new to all of this so forgive me ignorance. I have had a search on the site but can't find what I need (or think I need), perhaps you can help.

I have a Cambridge Audio CD4 Special Edition. Recently it has been occasionally displaying a "No Disc" message and only recognising some discs. No it will not recognise anything.

I have been told that I might need to adjust something to allow it to play again but I don’t know what or where. Can anyone provide me with help?

Thanks.

Hi Bert72,

Yes it sounds like your Lasers gone (CDM12.1) - the CD4SE is based upon Philips CD7 Digital Servo Chipset - there’s no adjustment, only laser power calibration on the Laser head itself - but from the systems you described - this will not help.

John

Bert,

The CD4SE is a very good machine - so it’s well worth sending say £50 to £100 to have the Laser replaced - you will not get a better machine for the price.

If you can replace yourself - then a Philips CDM12.1 should cost you no more then say £25 - and remember there is no alignment required after replacing the Laser, as this is handled automatically by the Philips CD7 servo Chipset.

You will have to search for suppliers of replacement CDM12.1

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.