CD Philis/SAA7210 to AD1852 trou I2S ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I want to connect Philips SAA7210 to Analog Device AD1852 Evaluation Board. The idea is to transfer non over sampling data thru I2S interface.
I am little confused about different codes used from Philips and Analog Device. Philips codes are:
DAAB – SD Data Output
CLAB - SCL Clock
WSAB – Word Select

Analog Device codes are:
L/RCLK - Left/Right clock input for input data. Must run continuously.
BCLK - Bit clock input for input data
SDATA - Serial input, MSB first, containing two channels of 16/18/20/24 bit twos-complement data

I am going to connect in that way:

DAAB – SDATA
CLAB - BCLK
WSAB – L/RCLK

Do you think this is the right way?

Best regards,
Angel

Hello,
I want to connect Philips SAA7210 to Analog Device AD1852 Evaluation Board. The idea is to transfer non over sampling data thru I2S interface.
I am little confused about different codes used from Philips and Analog Device. Philips codes are:
DAAB – SD Data Output
CLAB - SCL Clock
WSAB – Word Select

Analog Device codes are:
L/RCLK - Left/Right clock input for input data. Must run continuously.
BCLK - Bit clock input for input data
SDATA - Serial input, MSB first, containing two channels of 16/18/20/24 bit twos-complement data

I am going to connect in that way:

DAAB – SDATA
CLAB - BCLK
WSAB – L/RCLK

Do you think this is the right way?

Best regards,
Angel

I am facing the same problem with different use of the same codes. Did you ever sort this?

Angels was correct, it’s noted in the data sheet.

DAAB = SDATA
CLAB = BCLK
WSAB = L/RCLK

As far as I can see Philips (now NXP) only used this notation on a few chips. Philips created the I2S spec and that wasn’t the annotation they used. Legacy from an acquisition maybe?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.