little Marantz CD-80 question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey folks,

I've got a little question concerning my CD-80 player, which i just bought for almost no cash at all :)

I read a little about green leds that would supposedly enhance jitter correction or something. Now i was wonderin if those green leds we're actually visible on the outside of the machine while playing?.

First thing i noticed when I turned on the cd player was this big window-like thing just above the cd-tray and i noticed it didn't do anything. At first i thought it was a really big IR sensor, but that was positioned right next to it.

Then i read some stuff about those green lights and i thought maybe my CD-80 is broke , and it should be lit above the cd-tray.

So if anyone can clear this up for me, it would be much appreciated :)

Jordan

well that sorts that out =)

k thanks for all the replies guys!

Well i guess I'm just going to restore those lights and then upgrade the player with some of Mr. Tent's stuff :)

@Benhard: Well actually I paid 25 Euros for it, so I don't know if that falls into the 'no cash at all' category ;)

Oh and by the way if someone could help me get a copy of the manual it would be much appreciated, because i didn't get it with the cd player :)

Greets,

Jordan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.