CD doesn't spin after changing clock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
some days ago, I change the clock with a TCXO of my CDP whose dac chip is SAA7327H and the transport mechanism is VAM1202/12. I soldered the MCK to CRIN and the other leg to ground. Everything was just fine, the CD player tried to focus once the door closes. However, the drive does not spin at all!

I had searched over related thread in this forum but yet can find out a clue. How can I check if the motor of the cd assy is dead or not? I once saw a men making the laser lense moving along the rail by placing the two probes of a DMM on somewhere of the motor but forgot the procedure already. I also have checked the power input and the MO- and SL- showed 2.5v DC. I have checked all the voltage regulator on the PCB and all of them worked fine...then what's the problem?

How did you connect the power?
If the cdp has a digital and an analog powersupply try to use the digital. In my cdp I connected to the analog first an got the same symptoms. Then I connected to the digital psu and the drive could spin. A separate psu is preferable if space allows.

Hi,

I had the same problem when I replaced my Marantz 63 transport with VAM1202.
After investigating it appears like the problem was in the transport clamps, the clamps in the VAM1202 and the original are different!, I solved this problem by sticking a 2mm plastic small cubic on the small clamp metal.

Guy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.