Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Brakspear sorry you must have been replying at the same time so I didn't see it.

I basically have what you describe apart from the series R from pin 7 to RCA....but having gone straight to new plugs I've omitted the R661/662 path and anything around there I guess

Shall see what tomorrow brings!

Any suggested mod for this player that doesn't have OPA ?

Things you could try:

a) taking the output before the output caps via e.g. 47R resistor (if the DC offset is within reasonable limits);
Separate the output stage power rails for channels.

b) use DOS output stage;

c) use the filter part of the DOS output stage and feed the signal out via e.g. OPA132/134 or other type of opamp.

d) move the project to the CD6002 thread ;) .

Guys,
if someone needs a used DOS with CFP hack then it's yours for shipping cost.

PM.

Attachments

• DOSFront.jpg
    DOSFront.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 327
  • DOSBack.jpg
    DOSBack.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 324
If the voltages check out OK, the ribbon cable from the transport to the main board is a frequent source of bad connections - check to see if the pins in the socket have been bent flat and carefully bend them back using a needle if necessary. Just disconnecting this cable can wobble the socket enough to break the solder joints at a pin or two, so check the underside of the socket as well.

If none of this helps, please list the part numbers of the caps you replaced and any voltages measured, it will help us to help you.:)

Hello
I measured voltage in power unit. Results are:
20,8 V on D801, D802 result 21,4 V
-20,8 V on D803, D804 result -21,4 V
11,5 V on D811, D812 result 11,7 V
-12,1 V on D813, D814 result -12,0 V
After voltage regulators
+5 V on U163 result +5 V
+12 V on U218 result +12,1 V
-12 V on U216 result -11,7 V
+10 V on U161 result +11,4 V
-10 V on U162 result -12,2 V
I checked 0,0V on op-amps
RCH 1)-22,3mV 2)1,4V 3)1,4V 7)23,9mV
LCH 1)-15,3mV 2)1,4V 3)1,4V 7)21,8mV
On op-amps I repleaced 4pcs caps Silmic II 220uF/25V

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Another likely problem could be that you have dropped a blob of solder onto the print side of the PCB shorting two points out, possibly around some of the processing chips. Its obviously something that has happened while you have been working on this. Visually go over the PCB very carefully and recheck all your work.

Incredible how this thread continues to survive. Certainly a tribute to an excellent player.

Recently I helped a friend of mine replace the mechanism in his Marantz CD67SE. So I bought this for him.

For Philips Laufwerk VAM 1202 VAM 1201 CDM 12.1 CDM 12.2 Original- ** Neuware ** | eBay

An experienced technician installed it, so that part was done OK.

As a result hiz player is now reading CDs that it didn't before, but CDs spin off center and vibrate.

The culprits seem to be the original clamps, that apparently do not work well with this mechanism. What solutions can be applied?

Are there clamp rings anywhere that fit better this new transport? Where can I find those parts?

I already contacted the seller, but I do not expect him to solve it. eBay is not what it was anymore. They now do not care of after sale customers.