Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Here is a few pics of the board looks a right mess cd player 001.JPG

cd player 003.JPG

I like the super nitid photos... How did ou manage to upload such HQ pics ?

All EL caps have the (-) minus leg identified with a stripe on the outside case.

Connect that (-) leg to the hole marked with (-) in the pcb.

Dont know lol just went advanced and uploade image the caps are in right then so just need to find were the white wire goes. Its the negative supply to the board i think so were should i connect it

Joined 2006
Paid Member
If you are sure it is the negative supply, you can connect it also to one of the (-) minus places on the board..... but you must be sure of it.... I do not recommend any modding untill you download the schematic from Ray´s site and study it carefully.

Why do you believe the digital out sockets are now beeing used for power in ?
What is it powering ?
Has the inboard TX been disconnected ?

If you are sure it is the negative supply, you can connect it also to one of the (-) minus places on the board..... but you must be sure of it.... I do not recommend any modding untill you download the schematic from Ray´s site and study it carefully.

Why do you believe the digital out sockets are now beeing used for power in ?
What is it powering ?
Has the inboard TX been disconnected ?

I have a 13v dc power supply that plugs in there with phono plug on it. The posative is the centre of the plug and negative outer on the phono plug. But could it be an earth as i dont know what the blue and brown wire are that comes from under the board to the phono socket. Will thay be both posative

I have a 13v dc power supply that plugs in there with phono plug on it. The posative is the centre of the plug and negative outer on the phono plug. But could it be an earth as i dont know what the blue and brown wire are that comes from under the board to the phono socket. Will thay be both posative

Sorry forgot no the other transformer is still working i thenk the external is just runing the opamps

Bull (sorry I haven't seen a name for you) I think that you are likely to cause untold damage to the unit if you do not know whether DC current is polarised or not. Similarly you need to be aware of how to identify the positive and negative terminal of a capacitor, fitting them the worng way causes them to heat up and explode.

The fact that someone has used a phono socket to carry a DC supply beggars belief.

Your last few posts are very confused. I would suggest that you do some reading before going any further.

Rob.

Bull (sorry I haven't seen a name for you) I think that you are likely to cause untold damage to the unit if you do not know whether DC current is polarised or not. Similarly you need to be aware of how to identify the positive and negative terminal of a capacitor, fitting them the worng way causes them to heat up and explode.

The fact that someone has used a phono socket to carry a DC supply beggars belief.

Your last few posts are very confused. I would suggest that you do some reading before going any further.

Rob.

Hi rob i have sorted all the caps now that i know there all marked on the negative leg. The problem i have is the white wire that feeds the outer sleave on the phono socket came off the board and im not sure were it was. I have looked at the phono plug that goes in the phono socket for power supply and the centre is posotive and the outer is negative so would imagine the white wire as come from some negative conection

From what I can see from the photograph you posted is that the white wire MAY have been soldered to the main board ground plane (the whole of the upper surface of the board is the grd plane) However I cannot see why this would be done.

If I were you I would get a proper DC socket and attach it securely to the case. If the 13.8 power supply is a good low noise supply then it might be worth using it, if not.....

You say that the 13v supply goes to the op-amps. It looks to me as though the wires are attached to two 3 legged devices (one wire to each) that look like voltage regulators?

Last edited:
From what I can see from the photograph you posted is that the white wire MAY have been soldered to the main board ground plane (the whole of the upper surface of the board is the grd plane) However I cannot see why this would be done.

If I were you I would get a proper DC socket and attach it securely to the case. If the 13.8 power supply is a good low noise supply then it might be worth using it, if not.....

Hi thanks for the help the power supply is rubish if i knew how to do it i would put it back how it should be as i was quoted £350 for a decent power supply.Wouldnt the phono socket need a negative conection as the centre is posotive. That may be why it was connected to the board like you said