Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

6h5c said:
:c_flag: :wave2: 10.000!!!!!! :wave2: :c_flag:

A big thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread in the past, and to all that still do upto today.

:cheers: :birthday: Ray :birthday: :cheers:

Congratulations Ray.

Just like to say thank you for this thread and all your contributions to it.

It's certainly given me lots of pleasure (and heartache when I screw things up!!)

Also thanks to everyone else, especially Brent and Simon, who amazingly find time to work as well!!

Cheers :drink:

Jim

6h5c said:
:c_flag: :wave2: 10.000!!!!!! :wave2: :c_flag:

Congratulations Ray!

This thread has taught me as much as I've learnt anywhere else, thanks to many kind and knowledgeable contributors, and a whole load of fellow experimenters.

I've even made friends and finally got a great CD player out of this one thread!

Thanks to everyone, and don't stop posting :cool:

Simon

ps - more mods in the pipeline, when the fear of breaking things passes

jimh0612 said:
Congratulations Ray.

Just like to say thank you for this thread and all your contributions to it.

It's certainly given me lots of pleasure (and heartache when I screw things up!!)

Also thanks to everyone else, especially Brent and Simon, who amazingly find time to work as well!!

Cheers :drink:

Jim

Thanks Jim! I enjoy it very much, I think I was born with a soldering iron in my hand. Must have been painful...:bawling:

rowemeister said:
:Present: Oh missed out on the 10K moment last night , I was to busy cheering on Man utd last night.

Well done Ray and you never know it could reach 20K.

Hang on.... it was this morning....were you lurking Ray to get that post in :D

Brent

No, don't worry, you didn't miss it, and yes I was lurking :D.
I didn't want to miss this one, so I bumped it! :bigeyes:

SimontY said:
Congratulations Ray!

This thread has taught me as much as I've learnt anywhere else, thanks to many kind and knowledgeable contributors, and a whole load of fellow experimenters.

I've even made friends and finally got a great CD player out of this one thread!

Thanks to everyone, and don't stop posting :cool:

Simon

ps - more mods in the pipeline, when the fear of breaking things passes

Thank you Simon! Can you imagine where this thread can lead to? No marriages yet... :D
I hope to continue the work for a long time...

And for everyone that has smoked some electronics: it's a learning curve :D

Ray

Ray, thanks for the inspiration.

I came across this thread when it was still in it's infancy, (replies in the 100s)

At that stage I'd never wielded a soldering iron in anger and knew next to nothing about electronics.

Since then I've modded my 63KI, 67ose and a cambridge audio player. I've built a headphone amp from a bare circuit board and most recently built a valve amp. Imbetween I've put together two othe amps and a dac from module boards.

I still know next to nothing about electronics (apart from not to stand in a puddle of water when you first connect the mains!):D

Pete

rowemeister said:
LOL

No he is the muppet who missed Chelseas penalty which made Manchester Utd european champions. Which is nice.

Simon and Lee were worringly close at my house LOL

Brent

Oh, Chelsea! Well i'm not into sports. I'm one of those guys that sits inside with his hot iron on 30*C summer days :D. Only watch ice-skating when the dutch have to skate... But well done by Van der Sar, he's dutch too you know :D.

I have those day too, when there's a few guys visiting with trunks full of equipment and the women flee the house and go shopping :cool:. All day tech-talk :cool:

Ray

Thomo said:
Oh, and congrats & thanks Ray, this is the finest thread and has taught me a lot (and cost me a bit too).

Lee.

ezkcdude said:
Congrats Ray!!! Quite an impressive feat, even with a few fluff posts thrown in toward the end. ;)

Now, maybe there's a world record for thread length within reach?

Chivvyp said:
Ray, thanks for the inspiration.

I came across this thread when it was still in it's infancy, (replies in the 100s)

At that stage I'd never wielded a soldering iron in anger and knew next to nothing about electronics.

Since then I've modded my 63KI, 67ose and a cambridge audio player. I've built a headphone amp from a bare circuit board and most recently built a valve amp. Imbetween I've put together two othe amps and a dac from module boards.

I still know next to nothing about electronics (apart from not to stand in a puddle of water when you first connect the mains!):D

Pete

Thanks guys, it's great to be an inspiration, i'm touched :snif: :blush:

It's a VERY addictive thing, I happen to have about ten players here at the moment :yes:. Maybe if I clear out the storage room, i'll find even more :D. Luckily I have a place to store them... If a nice bargain comes along, most of the times I can't resist it! I think it will be a long time before this diminishes. B.T.W., anyone interested in a heavily modded CD63-KI??

Funny thing you mention that Pete, coz at the moment i'm helping a collegue to mod a CD57, and he can solder but knows little about electronic components. I can't wait to see the smile on his face when he hears the player for the first time. Then he has created a unique thing himself. I think that's also the main thing that drives people to modify things, to put your own stamp on it.

I don't know if we're approaching a record yet. Would be nice to have a special listing on the forum :).

Ray