Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

He is the dud mechanism. I didn't photo the lens side as I didn't want to get Brent too excited.

Attachments

• vam1202_2.jpg
    vam1202_2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 338
Grahame, congradulations on solving the Chinese puzzle! (this nearly did me in) You have succesfully passed the test and will be recieving you certificate shortly in the mail. I was the dunce of the class. It took me three hours! Now I am getting worried as I read about the failures of these new units. I would be up for a group buy of the real thing as well. I can't bear to think of having to face the C. puzzle again but it comes to that...

Hi Grahame - yes the Philips label on your VAM1202 looks like the label on the good one I photographed (the one that actually said Philips CDM12.1 on the box). Looks like you were lucky!

I think the Marks & Spencer jaffa cakes are re-badged Bahlsen of Germany ones. Well they look the same, taste the same, have the same internal packaging and say "Made in Germany" on the box. Maybe they are a no-name copy that go stale quicker?:D

aquar said:

Hi k
My planning jobs for 7#+5V Raygulators in my CD63SE is:
1 rayregs for Xtal supply via RD01
1 rayregs for digital (DAC) via RD04
1 rayregs for digital (Decoder) via R508
1 rayregs for digital (servo) via R122
1 rayregs for analog (DAC) via U200
1 rayregs for analog (Decoder) via R511
1 rayregs for analog (Servo) via R123

This week I was hope to finishing this job and report the result.
Regards
aquar

Cheers aquar, lots of BIG close-up pics would be good!
(and a mark up of where the pins go on the schematic if you get time :) ... )

k.

Ray, Martin,

I would really appreciate if you could give me your comment on my Post #6587.

BTW I have also built a tracking preregulator with capacitance multiplier preceeding it :). I just don't know what could be the optimal combination of transistor type and RC values for 80mA ripple...

Many thanks,

Baki