Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

SimontY said:
Ahha, well the way you describe the brown sound is where those chips (amongst other ways) made my system more balanced, as it was too sterile previously. My speakers are relatively analytical and they appreciate the warmth and grain-free sound afforded by the 627s. That's not to say my system isn't dark overall, it is. But it sure sounds better than ever!

Yeah, it takes a bit of experimenting to find a good long-term balance. Every system is different. Your speakers and the 627's seem to be a good match :D.

rowemeister said:
How good are these caps for decoupling?

N type

I was looking at the Nx HiQ 0.47uF

I was thinking of using these with the BG 10uF 50V ones.

Brent

I think the BG's are a good choice, especially the N/Nx, but a good film cap should do even better than a BG. It's still an electrolytic! For the smaller values I'd go for a MKP or PPS.

Ray.

Attachments

• cap_dielektricum.pdf
    75.8 KB · Views: 105
6h5c said:

Yeah, it takes a bit of experimenting to find a good long-term balance. Every system is different. Your speakers and the 627's seem to be a good match :D.

I think the BG's are a good choice, especially the N/Nx, but a good film cap should do even better than a BG. It's still an electrolytic! For the smaller values I'd go for a MKP or PPS.

Ray.

;)

Attachments

• clock reg pre reg.jpg
    clock reg pre reg.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 359
Also after discussing the finer things about regulator/voltage seperation with Simon I decided it was time to rip out my servo (digital and analogue), hf , rf reg and pcb and now drop in 4x audiocom super regs instead.

The 4 regs mentioned gave my music more resonance in bass and made the treble very accurate so I thought ill improve it further. lol

Also it will look nicer :cool:

Brent

awpagan said:

only two questions
how did you run the power line to the transformer at the front of the case?

allan

I ran mains wire around side of mech to it, I shielded the cable with double layer foil. This is touching the chassis all the way round so is grounded.

Here is an old pic

Brent

Attachments

• tx pcb5_small.jpg
    tx pcb5_small.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 370
awpagan said:

have you run out of room at the back for transformer space?
what ever happen to the custom transformer?

allan

Thats how much room I have :smash:

Not sure whats happened to the group buy TX

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.