Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Servo Clock Mod

rowemeister said:

Also I tried to get the servo clock mod to work running off a crystal and its a no go, it can be done but there will be more work involved and not really any benefit.

I fit 5ppm crystals to players I mod where im not fitting super clock and they do improve the audio. I would say its half way between standard 50ppm crystal and audiocom clock.

Can this modd be easily implemented....? sounds €light

Ricardo

Error 12

Did the headpone opamp, the 2 power caps and 2 opamp line cap, reassembled and the bugger won't spin a disk. Service mode says error 12. One thing I noticed was that the mechanism to PCB ribbon has worn away its insulation on the pin nearest the front panel at the PCB end.

Second thing was when reassembling the power switch bar did move around quite a lot when reconnecting, could this have hit something underneath?

I am assuming that the mechanism and headphone sections will work if the other has a problem.

Whats the smartest sequence of things to do now after checking for stray crap/screws/blu tack etc in the mechanism?

Careful, Brent.!

The mods may consider that touting for business!

It's OK for Simon to suggest it, though. (small commission)

Having said that....Small packet rate up to 2kg from the UK is reasonable with "International Signed For" only a few pounds more for tracking and insurance.

After 2kg, it's a different matter!!!!

Andy

Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:
Hi Brent

Before I upgrade with a clock, I want to replicate your modds regarding the Servo +5v psu.

Can you suggest a TX ?
Should I use an encapsulated or a nude toroid type?

Also, can you explain how you fixed the front TX (the ones almost in contact with the display pcb) on your machine ?

I believe I will get a lot more detail and attack by feeding the servo on separate tx and two sregs.

Thank you for the inspiration and guidance.

Regards

Ricardo