Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

adfinni said:
Hey

I recieved my dead player this morning from mr courier man, and within 30mins i had it up and running again. The seller from ebay gave it to me with myself only paying the postage,so it cost me 12 quid.

And the problem. The 5V 7805 reg had died :( But i got a delivery of 10 new 7805's from maplins yesterday :D :D :D
The transport is broken, but i think it just needs a good clean and removal of the grease from the mechanism runners, but thankfully my old transport is good.

I have started putting my old mods in at the moment, and have wacked in the schottky diodes and caps in the PSU area. Il put in the new clock and op-amps later on, and will give it a good listen.

il get some pics up too.

adam

Hip, hip hooray, post 2000....:cheers:

Hi Adam,

Good to hear you have a working player again.

Ray.

adfinni said:
Hey

I recieved my dead player this morning from mr courier man, and within 30mins i had it up and running again. The seller from ebay gave it to me with myself only paying the postage,so it cost me 12 quid.

And the problem. The 5V 7805 reg had died :( But i got a delivery of 10 new 7805's from maplins yesterday :D :D :D
The transport is broken, but i think it just needs a good clean and removal of the grease from the mechanism runners, but thankfully my old transport is good.

I have started putting my old mods in at the moment, and have wacked in the schottky diodes and caps in the PSU area. Il put in the new clock and op-amps later on, and will give it a good listen.

il get some pics up too.

adam

There goes the student loan !!!!
What do students do nowadays ?

Re: Re: post 2002

SimontY said:

Hi Andy,

It's been a race just to keep up with this mad thread today!!

I'm currently ordering 12, 15 and many 5v regs to add psus to my cd63. And some Pany FC 6.3v/4700uF to go after the 5v regs.

Simon

Simon I would go for the 16V 3300uF Pana FC. They are the tall slim caps and fit very nicely in most areas ;)

That was not a sexual innuendo before anyone posts :clown:

Brent

There goes the student loan !!!!
What do students do nowadays ?

Im in the lab at the moment gathering final bits of data for my project. Have 6000 words left to write for it before hand in day next tues :bigeyes: , then x2 2000 word pieces in the next friday and monday, plus a management coursework thrown in.Then revision for exams, then come 22nd may, PARTY PARTY PARTY for 3.5 weeks solid.

Screw the student load, im saving up for the partying, and my cdp will sound good enough for the moment until the summer.

I think that sums up what us students do at the moment :D

woot 200 pages :bawling: :cool: :) :( :eek: :D ;) :xeye: :angel: :confused: :eek: :mad: :bigeyes: :apathic: :hot: :cannotbe: :whazzat: :devilr:

rowemeister said:
Simon I used on the original 5v reg a 6.3V 10000uF 26 X 18 so that in case of a power cut the 5v rail would continue to work for approx 43mins LOL

Brent

That would be amazing, but surely the amp would go off in the power cut (unless it had a similar thing).

im going to go fiddle with my supercock 2

;)

il stop with the sexual innuendo's now, as we are just diy audio geeks with nothing better to talk about, except how we can make caps sound sexy. lol

adfinni said:

That would be amazing, but surely the amp would go off in the power cut (unless it had a similar thing).

im going to go fiddle with my supercock 2

;)

il stop with the sexual innuendo's now, as we are just diy audio geeks with nothing better to talk about, except how we can make caps sound sexy. lol

What are you going to do to your superclock?

Brent

Dr.Gone said:
One day without internet and suddenly 5 more pages are added to this thread! This is one .... of an active thread!

Yes, we've been quite busy today :D.
It took me some extra elbow-grease to keep up typing on the keyboard.

The fet stage looks nice, the building quality looks really good, nice one ray!

Thanks Jacco. It sounds very nice too! Just spent another few hours listening to some of my favorite cd's.

ps. Elso Kwak has not replied yet after his post last sunday, or did I miss it?

No, I haven't seen any posts or mail from him.
So, anyone interested in a CD-clock PCB group buy?? :clown:

Regards,

Ray.

Hello everybody,

the groupbuy was about a clock, wasn't it?

I'm not interested in a groupbuy, unless it will provide a considerable improvement on my current clock: XO2. I'm afraid I have to say that the improvements in the analogue circuit are best heard in this player, so spending another € 15 for the pcb (just a guess) and another 30 euro for the pcb is not a road i'm eager to explore.

I was just curious about the reactions of the different people on this forum.

Regards,
Jacco