S/Pdif output board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

does anyone know about an already made DIY project, a kit, a not DIY stuff which is simply capable of accepting I2S signals (plus datas, which I think are needed) and convert them to S/Pdif output?

The practical thing would be tap it before DACs of a multichannel player in order to obtain 3 stereo s/pdif outputs.

Sorry for my ignorance in electronics!:headbash:

rfbrw said:

Thanks, but I already knew about this mod: unluckily it's quite expansive, and some cheap player such as Pioneer DV575 perform a DSD to PCM conversion per default, so intercepting I2S signals just beforse DACs will lead to only a I2S to S/pdif conversion, being sure all datas are PCMs.

That's the reason why I'm looking for a s/odif output board only.

rfbrw said:
High price aside, I don't quite see what your objection to this board is. I would have thought any other board performing the same task would be similar.

rfbrw,

the board you linked uses a processor for DSD to PCM conversion (while in my case this is not needed because it's already performed by my Pioneed DV575 per default), and this processor is used to monitor incoming signal (look at them to see if they are PCM or DSD).

I have only PCM I2S signals, so I wouldn't like to buy a so expansive device which performs a lot of operation I do not need.

Michele Spinolo said:

rfbrw,

the board you linked uses a processor for DSD to PCM conversion (while in my case this is not needed because it's already performed by my Pioneed DV575 per default), and this processor is used to monitor incoming signal (look at them to see if they are PCM or DSD).

I have only PCM I2S signals, so I wouldn't like to buy a so expansive device which performs a lot of operation I do not need.

If you do consider building something, have a look at the AKM EK4101A. It has 4 spdif outputs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.