USB to 24bit/96KHz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've looked and looked and I can't believe there isn't a simple solution to this. I'm looking for a device that will act as a USB audio device and provide a output at up to 24bit/96KHz, ideally in I2S but at the moment I'll take anything!

I understand there are ways to use a device from TI (such as the TAS1020B) and link it to a DAC, but I think this beyond my abilities due to it requiring custom firmware and software to drive it?

Thanks
Ed

TAS1020B and TUSB3200 will do the job but, as you point out, both require microcode. There aren't any other good USB options as far as I know.

Your best bet is to pick up a good low-cost USB interface and mod it. The discontinued M-Audio Sonica uses the TUSB3200 and is bit perfect in both Win2000 and XP with the correct WDM drivers (not the most recent ones). The M-Audio Transit is still in production, though slightly more costly, but it comes with real ASIO drivers (which are a huge plus and you likely wouldn't be able to write yourself without much additional effort). Both units have very small form factors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.