TEAC VRDS-7 Broken Sled Gear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a TEAC VRDS-7 that developed a fault - the draw would not open when a CD was loaded. The culprit was a broken gear that TEAC calls a 'sled gear'. In fact the gear had more or less disintegrated. However they have advised that they believe they can no longer supply the part. I live in New Zealand and have found there are no parts available here, and apparently that there are no parts available from Japan.

I have the distinct impression that the local guys are really telling me they cannot be bothered with a model they never distributed (they only import TEAC plastic here - not the real stuff), and they don't know why anyone would bother with such an old unit (since the stuff they import isn't worth repairing anyway).

As it happens it is 'mint' with less than 200 hours of use on it - it happened to be stored for some years.

So I am hoping that someone can point me at a helpful TEAC parts distributor who might possibly consider an international transaction.

Thanks to anyone that can help

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.