ASIO with Foobar + M-Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am embarking upon the PC audio road with the purchase of an M-Audio Audiophile USB. I am using the S/PDIF output into my DAC. So far I am very happy and somewhat surprised by the sound quality. I have been using the Directsound output but have been unable to get the dowloaded ASIO driver to work. I tried both the DLL and the EXE versions. With the 4 different DLL "flavors" provided in the download I get this error:

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 344 ms
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "cdda://00D4717F,01" (0)
INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : open : 44100 Hz, LINEAR PCM, 24 bits, 2 channels
ERROR (foo_output_asio(dll)) : unsupported sample rate.

I have tried setting the output of Foobar to 16bit and also the M-Audio device to 16bit but no joy. I like the sound now but would like to see if the ASIO driver will tweak it even further.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I did look at the OxygenAudio forums but could not post their as their registration process seems to be broken.

Best,

Paul

ultranalog said:
Try 32 bits settings (including float). Your card should support 44k.
QUOTE]

Nice graphic. My day was a bit like that...

I tried the 32bit setting but had the same result. Also with DirectSound I am running at 44k. Here is my current working results log...

INFO (CORE) : startup time: 78 ms
INFO (CORE) : location: "cdda://00D0A7F1,03" (0)
INFO (foo_output_std) : attempting to create DirectSound buffer : 44100Hz 24bps 2ch fixed-point
INFO (foo_output_std) : DirectSound initialized successfully, using software mixing
INFO (CORE) : location: "cdda://00D0A7F1,04" (0)

I guess that I will give M-Audio a call...

Best,

Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.