Denon DVD-2900 vs 3910, and mod.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Only consider the sound quality of CD & SACD playback, does 3910 improved over 2900.

Does the Denon's CD playback quality comparable to Arcam 73T, Cambridge 640, Marantz 7300, etc?

I am thinking about buying the 2900, which is on sale now and about 45% lower than the 3910, good enough? (I don't need those new video output format)

Also any mod suggestion?

Mod for Denon 2900?

I just bought a Denon 2900 for 2 channels use and haven't open the cover yet. I have a few questions:

1) How many op-amp on the audio circuit board which shall be changed. They are single or double? How about using Lc's AD8065? (I have a few OPA 2134s at home.)

2) Which pin from the op-amp shall connect directly to the cap and then go to the RCA?

3) If I connect a LC audio ZAPfilter 2, which pin from the DA (DSD 1790?) that I shall connect?

4) Which diodes I shall replace for good result? What brand?

5) Any other suggestions for a easier mod?

6) Is that when I use the bass management, The SACD signal will need to re-code to PCM?

(P.S. I may mod all three front channels for future application.)

Thanks a lot!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.