Source for CDM4/D36 to suit Marantz CD11MkII?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I have searched the archives for sources of these pickups. I would be happy to do a bit of surgery to adapt the laser from a CDM4/19, but it appears even these are no longer available.

I have tried Grandata, Donberg & Nikko. All have no stock, nor are they liable to in the future. I have a contact at Marantz who can get a laser for me, but wants $400 for it.

There is a mob in Asia who came up in a google search, but I don't seem to even be able to register as a customer, much less order the laser, which appears to be a knock-off (not that it's a problem to me, I am impressed by the quality of Chinese componentry) http://sheen-yen.tbds.net/product_info.php?products_id=310 .

I don't want to rat an old machine for a pickup, I may just get another laser that's on its' last legs.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for sources?

Thanks & regards,
Phil

Hi Fin,

55 Euros is in the ballpark of what I originally expected to pay, so yes, I am interested! Email me off-board if you feel it's inappropriate to discuss it here.

I have not yet chased up the local suppliers you mention; though to be honest I don't hold out much hope, supplies look to be well & truly drying up. I will get in touch with them on Monday.

Regards,
Phil

Hi Fin & NVD33,

Fin, for some reason I am not receiving emails originating from here. I just sent myself one to check & it didn't arrive. Could you try again? My email is philobeddo99@hotmail.com

NVD33, thanks for that! I will have to try & decipher Czech, it appears the order form does not display in English! The translation I used finished with "Behind Send off order", which I hope does not mean out of stock.

Regards,
Phil

Hi Phil,

Sorry, I forgot to give you this important information: Lubor Grigorescu AGB elektro [office@agbelektro.cz].

You can e-mail Lubor at this e-mail address, his English is perfect and he is very helpful. I can tell you that I am very satisfied with my CDM4/19 he sent to me. I am convinced that it is an original make from Philips. After replacement I notice no audible difference with the old laser fitted on my CD player (Studer D732).

If you need more info feel free to ask me,

NVD33

Hi NVD33,

I have been told that my problem (mainly failure to read TOC on insertion) is not likely to be the laser after all. Even so, I think I will make the most of your information & order a laser for the future. Atleast it's here for when the inevitable does happen.

Thanks again for your information & help,
Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.