AD1865N-J vs AD1865N-K

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I currently have an Audio Note Dac with a "normal" AD1865N chip. However I have 2 pcs of AD1865N-J and 2 pcs AD1865N-K.
I want to change. I have read that N-K is the "best", but I read something on analogs homepage:

AD1865N IC, DUAL 18-BIT AUDIO DAC
AD1865N-J IC, DUAL 18-BIT AUDIO DAC
AD1865N-K IC, MONO 16-BIT AUDIO DAC

What am I missing? Is the 1865n-k a mono, and the others dual?
I thought all AD1865 dacs were dual dacs, as stated in the tchnical information.
I hope anyone can verify this information.

Best Regards

The AD1865 is a complete, dual 18-bit DAC offering excellent THD+N and SNR while requiring no external components. Two complete signal channels are included. This results in cophased voltage or current output signals and eliminates the need for output demultiplexing circuitry. The monolithic AD1865 chip includes CMOS logic elements, bipolar and MOS linear elements and laser-trimmed thin-film resistor elements, all fabricated on Analog Devices' ABCMOS process.

The DACs on the AD1865 chip employ a partially segmented architecture. The first four MSBs of each DAC are segmented into 15 elements. The 14 LSBs are produced using standard R-2R techniques. Segment and R-2R resistors are laser trimmed to provide extremely low total harmonic distortion. This architecture minimizes errors at major code transitions resulting in low output glitch and eliminating the need for an external deglitcher. When used in the current output mode, the AD1865 provides two ±1 mA output signals.

Each channel is equipped with a high performance output amplifier. These amplifiers achieve fast settling and high slew rate, producing ±3 V signals at load currents up to 8 mA. Each output amplifier is short-circuit protected and can withstand indefinite short circuits to ground.

The AD1865 was designed to balance two sets of opposing requirements, channel separation and DAC matching. High channel separation is the result of careful layout. At the same time, both channels of the AD1865 have been designed to ensure matched gain and linearity as well as tracking over time and temperature. This assures optimum performance when used in stereo and multi-DAC per channel applications.

A versatile digital interface allows the AD1865 to be directly connected to standard digital filter chips. This interface employs five signals: Data Left (DL), Data Right (DR), Latch Left (LL), Latch Right (LR) and Clock (CLK). DL and DR are the serial input pins for the left and right DAC input registers. Input data bits are clocked into the input register on the rising edge of CLK. A low-going latch edge updates the respective DAC output. For systems using only a single latch signal, LL and LR may be connected together. For systems using only one DATA signal, DR and DL may be connected together.

The AD1865 operates with ±5 V power supplies. The digital supply, VL, can be separated from the analog supplies, VS and -VS, for reduced digital feedthrough. Separate analog and digital ground pins are also provided. The AD1865 typically dissipates only 225 mW, with a maximum power dissipation of 260 mW.

The AD1865 is packaged in both a 24-pin plastic DIP and a 28-pin SOIC package. Operation is guaranteed over the temperature range of -25°C to +70°C and over the voltage supply range of ±4.75 V to ±5.25 V.

According to digikey listing, they are all dual.

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?KeywordSearch

AD1865N-K-ND AD1865N-K IC DAC AUDIO DUAL 18BIT 24DIP Analog Devices Inc Non-Stock 30.68800
15 -
AD1865R-J-ND AD1865R-J IC DAC AUDIO DUAL 18BIT 28SOIC Analog Devices Inc 26 25.29000
AD1865R-ND AD1865R IC DAC AUDIO DUAL 18BIT 24SOIC Analog Devices Inc Non-Stock 19.67000
AD1865N-ND AD1865N IC DAC AUDIO DUAL 18BIT 24DIP Analog Devices Inc 8 21.08000
AD1865P-ND AD1865P IC DAC AUDIO DUAL 18BIT 28PLCC Analog Devices Inc Non-Stock 19.67000
18 -
AD1865N-J-ND AD1865N-J IC DAC AUDIO DUAL 18BIT 24DIP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.