CDPRO2 Group Project (open source project)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hmm, I'd have to say option A or an optical encoder.
I say this, because it'd be very difficult to present those tactile switches to the user on the outside of the chassis with them being so close together. Maybe option a is too spread out, but it enables you to do the switching system that brian has employed through his front panel. I'm intending on doing a similar system but through wood.

Gaz

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
My opinion is that B is the best option. The buttons portion of the pcb can be made so the it could possibly be cut off, and attached with wires (add holes for header pins). This would allow for the using a custom button board, or relocating the buttons on your chassis. It is quite easy to P2P wire the buttons on a perf board also. The schematic is posted above. I like the idea of only having one board to assemble and attach to a simple chassis.

I will draw up a new layout when I have time and post it.

--
Brian

control board - power supply

Brian, et al...

Just a quck note of gratitude for your (and others) herculean effort and generosity with this project.

I am at best a meddler in electronics and would not begin to follow most of what you folks are discussing; though I have been designing and building tubes amps / speakers and the odd cd upgrade for 9-10 years.

Couple of questions:

Will power supply boards ever be available; they are beyond me at the moment other then populating pcbs?

Is this project nearing conmpletion of do you envision several iterations over the next few months?

My plan is to add the new RAKK DAC by Kevin Carter using Norman Tracey's SSPS power boards. As with most folks I am waiting/looking for an absolutely top notch implementation... but not to the point of absurdity.

Comments?
Seta45

Thanks in advance

Option A or B it matters not to me. Here is my implementation of Brians first button layout.

Regards

Anthony

Attachments

• cdpro fronta.jpg
    cdpro fronta.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,513
Button option

Unitize the button board to include mounting holes and jumper or P2P connections for each. Panelize and score the whole affair to contain 8 (or whatever) on each manufactured piece. The buttons can then be located per the panelized spacing (in-line, 2x3, 2x4 etc.) or broken apart for total flexibility.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Rarkov said:
Hi was ist los?:
Stricyly, you don't need a DAC. The onboard DAC sounds pretty good and the only reason not to use it is if you're going to be passing the I2S into a P-1A P-3A DAC combo or other high end DAC. (I assure you, the P-*A products are simply stunning with this transport).

Gaz

Which dac do you have in yours? The cdpro2m upsampling one, or the older cdpro2 one?

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.