Onkyo DX-710 ~ Power Transformer

Fixed the cd player, you couldn't imagine what was the problem.
The cd player vibrations made skip the tracks and not reading some cds, with some more tight screws and little donuts between those the cdplayer is blazing fast reading cds and it's not skipping anymore.
It could need some oil in some of the cdpart but right now everything is working perfectly

My DX-710 was skipping too when i got it, and vibrations was not the reason in my case... (It would even refuse reading the TOC on some CDs).
I very slightly increased the laser power and the skipping was gone and the cd player plays fine so far (... a year later). How long will it last? Who knows...

In regards to the opamps you could try, DX-710 runs the opamps at +/-5V . I haven't come across an opamp which cannot run at that voltage yet, but if you have some specific opamp in mind just check its datasheet.

Even NE5532 is an audible upgrade compared to those NJMs onkyo uses. I'd strongly suggest the TI opa1656, cost/performance ratio wise. (I love them).
Don't forget to install decoupling capacitors... See that other thread for details... u

Last edited: