BM64 Bluetooth module help

I'm having some difficulty getting a Microchip BM64 bluetooth module up and running. It's soldered to a breakout board and powers up but never shows as a com port or usb device. It's also not discoverable. The datasheet says EAN should be low and P2_0 high for flash application mode. It says these pins have internal pullups but EAN reads 0.3 volts when left floating while P2_0 reads 3.3 as expected.

On powerup both leds flash 6 times and then led2 stays on for several more seconds before going out. Trying all the combinations of P2_0 and EAN never change the behavior. Neither does holding the button for any length of time. I can see the factory settings needing to be updated via the software but no usb device is ever registered. Below is my schematic. Anyone have any experience with this?

Attachments

• BM64_schematic.png
    BM64_schematic.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 183
The flashing LEDs could be some sort of error message.
Just how expensive was this chip?
Try and get the data sheet, and then check the connections.
If it powers up, it is getting supply, then the LED sequence means a particular error is there, if it happens always.

Some motherboards have beep codes, but that information is usually in the service manual.
You just might gave got a development board, with intermediate software.
And you can't flash it...because it is invisible.

Is your PC Windows or Linux?
I sometimes use Knoppix for troubleshooting in live mode, using a CD.
Another way is to hook up to cell phone, at least you might see it.
If not, contact the supplier.

A little late, but I use alot of BM64 over the years for multi-speaker bluetooth projects (dual speaker and concert mode for 3+ speakers). I never got the USB interface to work for programming, I have to use the UART. Unfortunately, I haven't found any other modules that support more than 2 speakers wirelessly, so I couldn't utilize an ESP32.