CDP-337ESD (KSS-190A) not working

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am new to this forum, and would be grateful for help. Over the years the drawer of my Sony CDP-337ESD became sluggish. Eventually, it would not come all the way out by itself. So I changed the two belts in the KSS-190a transport to new ones. This improved things, but the speed of the drawer going in and out was still not as fast as it was when new. So this time I cleaned all the sticky old grease out from all the gears and put new grease on. Unfortunately, after I put everything back together again, now the drawer does not move at all. The front display says "Open" and "Close". There is no sign of any activity from either of the motors and the CD does not spin. The two Mabuchi RF-510T motors that drive the belts and gears are still OK. Any ideas where I might have damaged the 337ESD?

The switches S651 (detects when fully closed) and S652 (open) work fine, judging from the responses on the front display. The tray slides smoothly. The locking transport screw has not been locked.

The two Mabuchi motors work when I detach them from everything and briefly connect them to a 9V battery. So the motors are not dead. But during operation they do not respond at all.

Have you reassembled the pulleys and wire cable correctly?

Did you use a grease that was too sticky or use too much grease?

Belts the correct sizes and in the correct positions?

These players only need a small amount of grease and the grease needs to be no too sticky. I have repaired many of these and often I have to spend hours removing heaps of thick sticky grease that someone else has slapped all over the place.

Thank you Mike P for your advice. I think the pulleys and wire cable have been re-attached properly, and the two belts are good. The new grease I used is Molykote EM-30L and not sticky. The drawer actually slides in and out smoothly now. Its just that the motors are not receiving any power. I suspect I have damaged some fuse or connection somewhere, but I just don't know where.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.