Marantz CD273

I ambrace it if it is done correctly ! So , you have one that is not cheap or do have none at all ? I guess the second as you are not willing to spend money on it even if it was done correctly. But you already “know” that this unit does not exists as you are “allknowing” in these matters.

I ambrace it if it is done correctly ! So , you have one that is not cheap or do have none at all ? I guess the second as you are not willing to spend money on it even if it was done correctly. But you already “know” that this unit does not exists as you are “allknowing” in these matters.

Hi, finally tried today on an old Philips CD373 that I have and although its early days, id say it did indeed sound better and more defined/spacious than simply using the coax output into my DAC

Once my clock arrives for the Marantz ill fit the clock then try this after a few listens.

Thanks for the help.

Finally got the time to take another look at this today and re-fit the TCXO.
Worked straight away, no TOC error Might have had a bad joint on something before.
Love this little thing.

Attachments

• 2021-06-22 19.36.12.jpg
    2021-06-22 19.36.12.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 109
Found a nice new toroidal and made some pcb's with bridge rectifiers and 5v regulators for supply to dac, clock, saa7220 and 7210
Is it worth installing the toridial as its tight but possible or just stick with powering the regs from the current supply?

is it worth the effort for what will be gained if anything?