Did I just kill my Minidsp 2x4HD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
notes : i have posted this in minidsp forum but looking at many threads without reply so i think i might get help here

I want to start my measurement and connect my 2x4HD and UMIK on my pc. Then I found for new firmware upgrade that are available for UMIK and start upgrading process, this is where i'm playing music at the same time.

But when UMIK firmware upgrade completed, suddenly 2x4HD stop working where no more sound and the LED does not lid anymore. I try to plug-unplug power connector and in a glance there is short lid from led when power is plugged but then no lid anymore

considering that i upgrade UMIK firmware where at the same time 2x4HD board is also plugged in, is it possible the software stupidly send the UMIK firmware to 2x4HD board that made it stopped working? Because the software also can not connect to the board to reverse the process, maybe is there any hardware reset button or pin?

Only miniDSP folks could answer your question, if they are willing to. Have you tried to contact them via their website to ask about it?

Other than asking them for help, you could start digging into the 2x4HD by checking power supply voltages with a DVM, and digital audio signals with a scope.

Last edited:
i searched for their contact on the website but only FAQ available with no email address stated. but i searched on my email inbox and find their support email, eventhough not sure that is for support after sales or technical.

for voltage measurent, i still can't find any service manual, only user manual available. not where to start measuring

because i used this 2x4hd on my 4way OB, now another board is configured as 2way at the moment

after multiple email correspondences with minidsp team, they insist sending back to them for services is the only choice. they don't provide anything that i can do just to reset it back

i have asked several times for how much does it cost or whether it's free service but this item wa never answered. i just don't want to send it and later charged for crazy amount

in mean time, i configure another 2x4HD into 2way using 21" woofer and prv 5", with additional beston dipole ribbon crossed passively with 3.3uF for additional sparkle

this is just acceptable right now :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.