Linn CD12 needs repair (or any offers to buy?)

Dear all

I have a Linn CD12, with flight box, and it was fully serviced by Linn in August 2015.

However a couple of years later a fault developed whereby the drawer wouldn't fully eject, without a (very) gentle tug. I've upload a small demonstration to YouTube here -
CD 12 Linn drawer - YouTube

Sadly, as you know, Linn no longer services the CD12.

Hoping that I could get this repaired, I sent the player to an authorised Linn repairer, who said that they could not promise, but would try to fix it.

In fact, it was returned to me in a worse state - ie it would not turn on at all! When I questioned them, they wrote me as follows:
"Peter and our Linn engineer worked on your CD for 2.5 hours to try and fix the CD mech, this involved taking the mech in and out of the machine each time it was adjusted and put back in they had to connect and disconnect the ribbon cables that are attached to it. There is no other way of adjusting the mech without taking it out and the ribbon cables loose their connectivity after a while and as you now we cannot get parts from Linn so we couldn’t replace them."

So, to summarise, I have a fine machine (fairly recently serviced) but I'm at a loss as to how to proceed?

If anyone on this forum thinks they can repair it, I'd be happy to consider that. I'm also prepared to consider selling it.

Any advice from anyone as to what my next best step is?

With thanks to you all,
Guy Holloway, London

EU Passes Regulations Forcing Manufacturers To Have Spare Parts Available For 7–10 Years After Product Purchase

According to this new law, manufacturers will be obligated to have spare parts readily available for 7 to 10 years after the purchase of the product. Moreover, all parts will have to be designed in a way that would allow any repairer to fix them using common tools and without damage to the appliance.

Dear all

I have a Linn CD12, with flight box, and it was fully serviced by Linn in August 2015.

However a couple of years later a fault developed whereby the drawer wouldn't fully eject, without a (very) gentle tug. I've upload a small demonstration to YouTube here -
CD 12 Linn drawer - YouTube

Sadly, as you know, Linn no longer services the CD12.

Hoping that I could get this repaired, I sent the player to an authorised Linn repairer, who said that they could not promise, but would try to fix it.

In fact, it was returned to me in a worse state - ie it would not turn on at all! When I questioned them, they wrote me as follows:
"Peter and our Linn engineer worked on your CD for 2.5 hours to try and fix the CD mech, this involved taking the mech in and out of the machine each time it was adjusted and put back in they had to connect and disconnect the ribbon cables that are attached to it. There is no other way of adjusting the mech without taking it out and the ribbon cables loose their connectivity after a while and as you now we cannot get parts from Linn so we couldn’t replace them."

So, to summarise, I have a fine machine (fairly recently serviced) but I'm at a loss as to how to proceed?

If anyone on this forum thinks they can repair it, I'd be happy to consider that. I'm also prepared to consider selling it.

Any advice from anyone as to what my next best step is?

With thanks to you all,
Guy Holloway, London

Wow so your now left in a worse case then before. Can't be even sure that the ribbon connectors are the issues only, could be far more servere.
For the money that you paid for it's really dissappointing that Linn is not standing behind their product regardless of age. Shame on Linn

the tray and the loader envelope are custom made parts special made for Linn - go to
CD Mechanism Masterpieces – Linn | HFA - The Independent Source for Audio Equipment Reviews
but the actually loader mechanism maybe are usual parts like the CDM12.4 which are in use in several other cd players.
According the image No. 10 and 11 from the above mentioned URL a dismantling is possible.
After doing this and upload the images therefore maybe it is possible to say, what cheap cd player model is necessary to get the wanted mechanical parts for replacement.