connecting denon dvd3930 to denon avr 4306

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello i have 2 question regarding a denon dvd3930 connection to avr-4306 receiver to tv

question 1

i read that the digital to analog converter in the dvd3930 is better then the one in the 4306 receiver.

so i thought 6 analog cables from the dvd player to the avr receiver.

but then i saw the denon link option i assume they would only add this if this is the superior option.
this would keep the signal digital to the receiver but has me confused what is the best way to connect.

question 2 regarding video

should i go

dvd hdmi reciever
reciever hdmi to tv

1 extra step seems like more distortion compared to

dvd hdmi tv.

what would be your advise for connecting the dvd/receiver/tv
hdmi/spdif/denon link/analog

your help is highly appreciated.

Last edited:
question 1

i read that the digital to analog converter in the dvd3930 is better then the one in the 4306 receiver.
I bet there is no audible difference. D/A conversion was perfected 30yrs ago, claims of "huge differences" in the sound of converters is wildly overblown, if there is any perceptible difference it comes down to the analog components used after the converter.

question 2 regarding video

should i go

dvd hdmi reciever
reciever hdmi to tv

1 extra step seems like more distortion compared to

dvd hdmi tv.
How do you use the system most often? Is the receiver always used? If so make the receiver the hub of the system with all inputs connecting to it first, this will keep audio and video in sync

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.