Is there a home audio device I can put an SD card into and play wav's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think what you want is a media player. These are common in the DJ world but the only product of that type I can think of that is the least complicated is the Tascam CD-400u.
61hG%2B-kihgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

If you want a small handheld device with an SD slot then pickup a portable music player, it will take a micro SD card and you will need a 1/8 to RCA cable to interface with an audio system.

Home receivers have had usb thumb drive inputs for a few years now. I just got a used Marantz from a relative that they were going to donate.

Cheap and good are some of the tpa3116 boards that have flash memory reading capability.

Another option is to use a digital music player and an amplifier, am doing that in my car soon.

"Home receivers have had usb thumb drive inputs for a few years now. I just got a used Marantz from a relative that they were going to donate.

Cheap and good are some of the tpa3116 boards that have flash memory reading capability."

This is an excellent Idea, I'll look into it. Thank you! :)

Attachments

• st1.png
    st1.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 121
There are tiny music players like the Sansa Clip+ (obsolete) and the Clip Sport which will play lossless flac files off a micro SD card. Some car head units play flac from USB drives; I've never tried one, so can't comment on how well they do that.
You may find something worthwhile being sold as a high-res music player. I tried searching Aliexpress for 24/96 audio player and found this; SMSL DP1 Digital Player USB SD Card 32bit Audio DAC with Built in Headphone Amplifier High Resolution Music Player|Digital-to-Analog Converter| - AliExpress
Reviews at Amazon are mixed:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B01N13XO24
This one includes an amp:
SMSL SA 50 Plus HiFi 50W AUX Optical USB Disk Portable Power Amplifier Digital Amplifier|Amplifier| - AliExpress

Last edited:
There are tiny music players like the Sansa Clip+ (obsolete) and the Clip Sport which will play lossless flac files off a micro SD card. Some car head units play flac from USB drives; I've never tried one, so can't comment on how well they do that.
You may find something worthwhile being sold as a high-res music player. I tried searching Aliexpress for 24/96 audio player and found this; SMSL DP1 Digital Player USB SD Card 32bit Audio DAC with Built in Headphone Amplifier High Resolution Music Player|Digital-to-Analog Converter| - AliExpress
Reviews at Amazon are mixed:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B01N13XO24
This one includes an amp:
SMSL SA 50 Plus HiFi 50W AUX Optical USB Disk Portable Power Amplifier Digital Amplifier|Amplifier| - AliExpress

Hey thank you so much! I haven't put down cash yet so this helps a lot, I didn't know about it. I have an smsl amp so I'll check it out!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.