Recomendation for logitech media server player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switching piCorePlayer off
Failing this, yes, a shutdown button may be the next best option. It's very easy to implement -
Announce: piCorePlayer 3.5.0 - Page 40
But here's another option - disable LMS on your Pi,

I have read that thread as well... but if you have start LMS automatically on power up checked off in the options, using the power off button in jivelite, actually shuts it down and starts it up (Restarts) lol...

I prefer not to have another system run LMS.

This is only a minor annoyance. As long as I can enjoy the music, I can manage this stuff... The cost considering its enjoyment factor is pretty close to insignificant. I would imaging a truly polished system with exactly the same sound to cost 10X as much...

Interesting discussion. Just wondering... I am a huge fan of the Squeezebox infrastructure as well. Why ?
- It is open source, so nice for DIY players and future proof.
- It supports 'bit perfect' audio (I do not want any transcoding, even can use DTS sources)
- Synchronization between players
- Low hardware requirements, Squeezelite can run on a low cost ESP32 board
- Music (and server application) can be on a NAS or fileserver
- It is user friendly (especially for searching , browsing) because database oriented.

Especially for the user friendliness, I am interested how other people think about this. Someone in this thread mentioned "there are other alternatives"

Are there really other (comparible) alternatives ? I like to hear them.
The user interface I use on my phone is very nice
- it shows album art
- Can create playlists on the fly
- Can search on Album, Title, Artist, Year, Genre
- Searching and browsing is fast

In the past I have tried several DLNA alternatives and I have never found anything useful (actually always wondered how people can use DLNA, considered it feels like back to the stone ages compared to Squeezebox)

I deliberaterly did not mention Tidal, Qubuz and other streaming services as a Squeezebox benefit, sooner or later support for MySqueezebox will be dropped and they for sure will not be available anymore.

But anyway, if there are some nice alternatives out there, I would like to hear them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.