Digital Playback Front End choices?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I'm told, "Get with the times" - the days of inserting a medium and pressing play are gone. However, my cd player doesn't skip or produce flicks... No firmware or software to update ; it just works. Why is this so hard to ask?

I have had 3 CD players that didn't work or have failed. :D

The issue with computer based systems is the nearly infinite number of combinations. Looking at the internet you will get reports of thousands of people with problems, what you don't see is the 99% that don't have a problem.

I have been using Raspberry Pi's since since the original model for streaming audio. More than adequate for me. I like the convenience of using any device to control my music, like remote controls, touch screens, iPad, iPhone or any computer in the house.

But... if you don't have any interest in computers I would not change from using your CD player.

> I'm told, "Get with the times"

Something I've told myself, when I realized I'm stuck on the 2007's... Still I've only partially made the leap into more modern times. That is, there's no point in owning media anymore - everything you have and like to listen to + 10X more is available online for a nominal service charge - all you need is a player and a subscription for services.

But I'm just now plodding along with a "NAS" and ".flac" files organized by "album" in "directories". My closest realization of just pressing play => hearing what I like is I finally broke down and decided to pay the minimum to The Jazz Groove...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.