Cambridge 740C not ejecting PIC12C508A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

wondering if someone can help. I acquired this CD player and it not ejecting. The mechanism is fine. The problem is I'm not getting any voltage from the motor control unit. I believe it from the chip PIC12C508A

All the voltages around the chip are fine. The components around that seem fine as I checked them with my volt meter.

I think the pins 2 and 3 are output to the motor but when the open/close button is pressed there is no voltage across those pins or the connector itself.

Also I cant seem to find D6 and D7 on the board, maybe the schematic is different to the board?

Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• cd tray.jpg
    cd tray.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20200711_175127788.jpg
    IMG_20200711_175127788.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 71
You are absolutely right. This is what I found about the 2 chips, the PIC12C send signals the BA6218 chip and then the motors turns.

Took me all day of reading to understand this! The PIC12C is actually working perfectly, when the BA chip receives the signal is does nothing!!

I check supply voltage to the BA chip and it was 5V, in the service manual it states 8V supply. I checked and the BA can operate at 5V but does nothing. Everything as far as I know is correct expect for the BA chip.

The only question is, is the 5V supply ok or is that causing the issue?

You are right!

Heres what I discovered:

Bad belt makes the motor work constantly and thus heats up the circuitry, a few minutes of that and you have blown power supply.

In my case I found a few faulty PNP transistors in the power supply section. Found replacement and all good!

Something that simple took nearly 3 days and much learnt lesson!

Voltage is again 8v and functioning correctly!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.