VRDS 10 doesn't spin up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have seen some thread about VRDS10.
In my situation the tray is working fine. After power on the laser moves inside and the lens moves three-four time up and down as manual details.
With the cd inserted the mechanism push the cd up, the laser assembly goes inside but the motor doesn't run.
I checked ( with service manual) the test point but only the first step because the others must be verified with the motor running

Any idea?

There is a way to check the light of the laser?

Thanks

Walter

You have to test for focus. If no focus signal motor doesn't spin.
Check if there is a focus test point than goes high or low when focus OK.
Clean the lens, check on a dark room from the side at 45 degrees or with some smoke or paper above if the laser actually turns on.
Do You see the red light? DON'T STARE AT THE LASER FROM ABOVE !!

Hi

I have checked the laser beam but no light
Also I test the voltage on R407 and it reaches the value od 1.044 volt only when I press eject/load
The laser moves inside then up/down three times , at this moment I can read the voltage.
Divided by 22 ohm I got 47 mA that is fine with the value written on label of the laser, 465.
But the motor doesn't spin up

So I believe that the laser is broken

Walter

There could possibly also be another error: over time it may not always be the laser diode that burns out first, but the focus suspension that sinks down. In that case, the laser diode will rattle a bit (it out), and is in a lower position, so that it cannot reach a upper position where it can fokus on the cd dots/toc etc.

Cheers,
Redfox.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.