KSS-272A Substitution of laser diode

I would like to repeat my request posted here several times: To replace an old diode with a modern one.
But I lack the knowledge to adapt the APC - circuit of an old type like the very common Sharp-LT022MC to a modern diode.
As I wrote before, the company QSI produces laser diodes that could be a good base for repair.
Original designs differed in how anode and cathode of the laser diode and monitor diode are connected together.
QSI offers all variants. Adapter PCBs have to be designed, trivial.
http://qsilaser.com/download/Infra_Red/QL78F8SX_2019.pdf
I also have a batch of Rohm diodes, I think they are RLD-2WNM2
I also have adapter rings from the 9mm housing of the "classical" diodes to the 5.6mm of modern diodes.
So if ManoloMos or ASAMS have a candidate to replace an old type with a modern type, I could donate the parts.
Datasheets of the Sharp and Rohm attached to calculate the APC.

Attachments

• SharpRohm.jpg
    SharpRohm.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: 1 user
Повторю свою просьбу, размещенную здесь несколько раз: Заменить старый диод на современный.
Но мне не хватает знаний, чтобы адаптировать APC - схему старого типа, как очень распространенный Sharp-LT022MC, к современному диоду.
Как я уже писал ранее, компания QSI производит лазерные диоды, которые могут стать хорошей базой для ремонта.
Первоначальные конструкции отличались способом соединения анода и катода лазерного диода и диода монитора.
QSI предлагает все варианты. Платы адаптера должны быть спроектированы тривиально.
http://qsilaser.com/download/Infra_Red/QL78F8SX_2019.pdf
У меня тоже есть партия диодов Rohm, кажется RLD-2WNM2
Еще у меня есть переходные кольца с 9мм корпуса "классических" диодов на 5,6мм современных диодов.
Так что, если у ManoloMos или ASAMS есть кандидат на замену старого типа на современный, я мог бы пожертвовать детали.
Даташиты Sharp и Rohm прилагаются для расчета APC.
Hello! I have not tried it, but I think it should work? Most likely you will have to apply the APC circuit from a modern diode. By the way, the Chinese from Polida has taken root very well with me. Changed on two drives CDM1.

Hello!
I would like to share a joyful event.
Recently I have successfully restored Philips CDM1.
It turned out to be much more complicated than I imagined.
In order to dismantle the old laser diode LT022MC, it was necessary to cut off the top of the holder in which it is installed.
To do this, it was necessary to loosen the side mounting hexagon screw and completely remove the entire structure with prisms and mirrors. In the future, this entailed great difficulties with the installation and configuration of this unit and, accordingly, the diode separately.
The diode cannot be pulled out without sawing the clip, because it is firmly glued into it. It is impossible to heat in order to pull out the diode, you can lose the mirrors and spoil everything completely.
LT022MC bought on ebay from POLIDA seller. It works so far, the flight is normal!
Moreover, the position of the trimmer resistors remained the same.
Naturally, I twisted them, but in the end they returned to their original position.
Philips CDM 1 ?????? ????????? ?????. - YouTube
Hello, please write your phone number in private messages, I am also from Ukraine, I have a few questions regarding KSS-272A

According the attached images of NOS parts it seems to be at least two versions:
1) KSS-272A RP "8-848-244" (older version in white package)
2) KSS-272A RP "8-848-244-II" (successor version in darker package)
In the late 1990s, when the KSS-272A was still readily available (I ordered mostly from Gehado - at those days German's distributor for SONY parts) and there available for low cost (90,- DM).
I only received versions in the dark packaging (MK-II).
What could have been the differences to those in the white package (without MK-II) ?
Maybe in the used laser diodes ?

Attachments

• Sony KSS-272A RP 8-848-244 made in japan-I.jpg
    Sony KSS-272A RP 8-848-244 made in japan-I.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Sony KSS-272A RP 8-848-244 made in japan-II.jpg
    Sony KSS-272A RP 8-848-244 made in japan-II.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Sony KSS-272A RP 8-848-244 MK-II made in japan-I.jpeg
    Sony KSS-272A RP 8-848-244 MK-II made in japan-I.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Sony KSS-272A RP 8-848-244 MK-II made in japan-II.jpg