Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

DIY Spotify / Chromecast player
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2020, 06:46 PM   #1
Colakurt is offline Colakurt  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default DIY Spotify / Chromecast player

I am currently looking for a new streaming solution but I canít seem to find one that is able to satisfy what seems to be simple requirements:
1. Gapless playback from Spotify connect and Tidal.
2. Supports Chromecast or other multi room playback, does not need to be gapless.
3. Lets me use my Spotify playlists.
4. Digital output I2S, SPDif or Toslink for external DAC.
5. Doesnít require a software engineering degree to be set up.

Basically I want to build my own Naim Uniti Atom. I have looked at solutions like Up2stream and various R pi solutions, but none of them seem to support my own Spotify playlists or gapless playback.

Have I missed anything, or is there another way to integrate these streaming services to a DIY setup, that is not just a USB or Bluetooth player?
Old 16th June 2020, 07:25 AM   #2
cbueche is offline cbueche  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

not sure about Tidal but my LMS setup does exactly what you describe. I use Squeezebox Touch in 3 locations. In my office right now, a Touch pushing bits to my Teac DAC, followed by my Elekit tube amp, etc. In living room the Touch goes directly to my Millet amp. LMS is flexible and has lots of plugins. I especially like the RadioParadise setup on it, but play Spotify lists from time to time (if only they would come with FLAC...)

DIY Spotify / Chromecast playerHide this!Advertise here!