Ben Duncan's 'Supertuning CD' and 'Improved CD Electronics'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've 'digitally remastered' Ben Duncan's related 'Supertuning CD' and 'Improved CD Electronics' articles from the late 80s. These are concerned with re-engineering the output stages of TDA1541(A) 16-bit, 4x-oversampling players using Philips' standard chipset. In particular, it explains why simple parts substitution will only get you so far, and outlines a circuit which needs no DC blocking capacitor, instead offering a user-tweakable DC offset control.

I hope to re-draw the schematics for my own use, as I am musing over hot-rodding the output stage of the Rotel RCD-855 which should be arriving soon. I also hope to come up with a single set of schematics with equivalent parts correctly referenced from both texts. It's worth reading both articles as the style could hardly be different, and the content does not completely overlap. The Google document is open for comments, and if anyone else can make sense of the obvious typos, I'd be grateful.

My growing archive of Ben Duncan articles can be found here, including photos of the complete AMP-02 text.

Here's is the basic output stage circuit.

y4mTddi_8cTe64U14QI07WTRea3QUTjZqXTKEacvMIk0WCBwq4jlMELYXTAVBeDKUMeaiRPBXNaQnqOHGBotoufBWq2zFMVZWc5CI08Cezh7UsjfBwzfqd511Ll8RDfct5CtGoQgWqNH3EEuC8FgbIfBxfEXwD6UgputewySZJQ9riCqUOUHXrL5HfYGxufUbyWLv-BwwKDXkOzM45B_8Ak2w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.