LKS Audio USB 100 Interface problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I bought a LKS Audio USB 100 Interface from ebay. Unfortunately when i checked inside i noticed that instead of Crystek clocks they installed Femto Clocks. I wrote to seller to compansate me 100 USD for the clock replacement cost and waiting the answer. The second problem is, when i turn on the device first it shows me 44.1khz on its screen. When i open hi resolution music on youtube, nothing changing on the screen and all the time shows 48. I wrote to LKS Audio and waiting their response.

Any idea for this ???

pictures up loader website

Seller says that this femto clock is better than Crystek CCHD-957 clock. I removed the label over the clock and nothing saw on it's metal can. I am thinking these clocks are fake. I can't see any Femto clock on the internet so i can't compare.
Any thoughts?

I will buy Crystek clocks and replace the Femto??? unknown fake clocks. Do not buy LKS USB-100 because they are using fake Femto clocks without notice. There is no spec, photograph, ... etc on the internet. And LKS Audio USB 100 interfaces are still on sale and in description specifying that the units have high quality Crystek clocks. BEWARE !!!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
My understanding is the Femto clocks are more than OK, if you paid for Crystek specifically as opposed to the clocks installed then you are owed a refund.

Does it do what it was designed to do?

If you return it is likely you will get stuck paying for the return shipping.

I don't have a clue what you paid for this interface, but I have several Chinese made Topping DACs here and like them a lot, and I am fussy. There is nothing made in the U.S. or the EU that I think comes close to the performance at the price.

I don't have any direct experience with the LKS products but they were considered during the process that ended with my buying something considerably less expensive.

I looked it up on Amazon, it's not what I would call expensive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.