CD playback and DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
His claims were not extraordinary in the least. Things like that get noticed by alert designers who bother to listen.

See, this is where the dialogue breaks, where we cannot even agree on what an "extraordinary claim" is.

What makes you think anybody should take your word at face value? I don't think you ever proved yourself as a "designer that listens", playing with an AKM demo board, and the JC's praisings, doesn't qualify you as a "designer", but only as yet another individual on the Internet that claims special hearing abilities.

Not good enough in my book, OMMW.

Except I'm not selling anything and cdsgames is. Nobody in this forum can say that I have ever tried to sell anything to any of them.
You personally don't sell but you've been shilling for the one who does.

I tell the truth about what some people can hear,
The truth? :boggled: You tell what you think is the truth, a.k.a. opinion. BTW, you are entitled to it.

See my last answer: Generally speaking, no...there may be certain useful and practical exceptions. You know, and you knew all along.
You discredit DBT as shown in the quote below because the results don't support your agenda.

We spend money making better dacs because they are not yet audible transparent. Properly conducted blind tests will show what I claim to be true. Amateur tests put together by EEs, technicians, and or hobbyists are meaningless. Those are designed to trick the victim into false negative results.

You personally don't sell but you've been shilling for the one who does.

The truth? :boggled: You tell what you think is the truth, a.k.a. opinion. BTW, you are entitled to it.

You discredit DBT as shown in the quote below because the results don't support your agenda.

DBT is discredited by the fact that you need to degrade CD to 64kbps before you can tell the difference.
It is the bluntest tool in the toolbox for sound quality testing.
Keep your religion to yourself or F off to another forum where they pat each other on the back for not hearing any difference in anything.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.