Anyone Know what LED this is Krell S1200

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was working on Krell S1200 output section and inadvertedly damaged the LED diode on the board. They are diagnostic diodes for use internally at Krell I think. I replaced it with a slightly different one from a car stereo . The original has 1.6v drop and car stereo one has 1.75. I had replaced bank of transistors due to hissing caused by high DC offset going into the output signal cap but still getting .15v dc offset which is the difference of the diodes (was previously getting well over a volt before replacing transistors).. With alot of modern diodes being sold for light output for lighting it seems like it may be tricky getting the right one. Tried contacting Krell but got corona virus message and they are not there according to message. Anyone know what these might be?

Sometimes LEDs are also used as voltage reference, the light output doubling as function indicator.

A quick search in Digikey shows a list of 1.6V RED LEDs

LED Indication - Discrete | Optoelectronics | DigiKey

Thanks for reply-I just noticed it. Not getting updated notifications for some reason. I did order a 1.6volt one. 20ma. It did bring dc offset down to .09 v. The hiss is gone. Just wish I knew for sure if this ma is ok or not for long term. I hate to guess this stuff. Krell still hasnt answered my email.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.