Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Anyone Know what LED this is Krell S1200
Anyone Know what LED this is Krell S1200
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th March 2020, 03:20 AM   #1
gto127 is offline gto127  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Anyone Know what LED this is Krell S1200

I was working on Krell S1200 output section and inadvertedly damaged the LED diode on the board. They are diagnostic diodes for use internally at Krell I think. I replaced it with a slightly different one from a car stereo . The original has 1.6v drop and car stereo one has 1.75. I had replaced bank of transistors due to hissing caused by high DC offset going into the output signal cap but still getting .15v dc offset which is the difference of the diodes (was previously getting well over a volt before replacing transistors).. With alot of modern diodes being sold for light output for lighting it seems like it may be tricky getting the right one. Tried contacting Krell but got corona virus message and they are not there according to message. Anyone know what these might be?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6893.jpg (992.1 KB, 15 views)

Anyone Know what LED this is Krell S1200Hide this!Advertise here!