Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please help me to fix my Technics SL-P777
Please help me to fix my Technics SL-P777
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th December 2019, 04:50 AM   #31
Johnyguy is offline Johnyguy  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomis View Post
Hello, John,

Nice to hear that your P777 is playing normally again. Considering solution, I'm thinking that the original rubber cushion which the spring rests on caused the problem. Problably when you put back the spring and the screw it slipped deeper or became more compressed. Anyway, is solved for now - you must be aware of the life expectancy of a rubber band, it will turn into some sort of goo and stick to the cushion and spring or will become brittle.
There's nothing to thank me for, solution is entirely yours, actually I thank you for pointing at the color coded springs and making me change the belt in my player.

Best regards, happy holidays,
Cosmin
Well ...no one else cared to respond to my question but YOU did ! And i thank you for that!

And over 500 views and no one has a technics sl-p777 to help me with then spring?
Well whatever!

I do agree about the rubber band is gonna disintegrate overtime that is why i am not happy about this solution for the problem but if i do what the other guy suggest to stretch out the spring i am not crazy about that fix either because it will gonna sagg down over time too?

What i need is something more firm less chance to disintegrate over time, a longer spring would be the ideal solution , or a small metal ring some kind to take up the place of the rubber band.

May i ask how old are you if you dont mind? I am 43.
Old 8th December 2019, 04:36 AM   #32
Iomis is offline Iomis  Romania
diyAudio Member

Hi,

46. We're getting off-topic, even off-forum...
I think we're talking of 1-2 mm thickness. Cardboard or plastic (PTFE, PVC) will be fine, easy to cut out.
You added too much solder on spindle motor's pins that's why is heavier that side .
Anyway, problem is solved, I'm glad if you consider I helped a little.

Regards,
Cosmin

LE: Is possible that one of the ribbon cable to be somehow miss-wired and pulling down the sledge in play position? They seem rigid enough to do that.

Last edited by Iomis; 8th December 2019 at 04:53 AM.
Old 9th December 2019, 02:29 AM   #33
Johnyguy is offline Johnyguy  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomis View Post
Hi,

46. We're getting off-topic, even off-forum...
I think we're talking of 1-2 mm thickness. Cardboard or plastic (PTFE, PVC) will be fine, easy to cut out.
You added too much solder on spindle motor's pins that's why is heavier that side .
Anyway, problem is solved, I'm glad if you consider I helped a little.

Regards,
Cosmin

LE: Is possible that one of the ribbon cable to be somehow miss-wired and pulling down the sledge in play position? They seem rigid enough to do that.
haha!

no the ribbon cables are fine

Please help me to fix my Technics SL-P777Hide this!Advertise here!