Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Very basic question on FLAC file format
Very basic question on FLAC file format
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th December 2019, 11:20 PM   #11
hifijim is offline hifijim  United States
diyAudio Member

No, i did not make a direct comparison of the 16 bit 44.1k to the 24 bit 9k.

However, it would be an astonishing and remarkable coincidence if the two best sounding and emotionally engaging recordings I own, out of over 700, just happen to be the two high-res audio files.

As I said, it is a subtle difference. Most of the time the 24 bit 96k sounds like a well recorded CD... but then I hear something that catches my attention, something which I have never heard before on a CD. This extra "something" mostly relates to the 3 dimensional quality of the recording, and the illusion of space around a performer.

Jim

Very basic question on FLAC file formatHide this!Advertise here!