Roon remote with volume knob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have really been enjoying using Roon, its current running through an integrated amp, so volume control is easy, but soon I will switch back to some Hypex amps and would rather be able to control the volume though a device, tablet.

I wonder if there is a nice hardware solution for having a physical volume knob, the microsoft one can work with any bluetooth connection, and with the Surface line can bring up a custom display.

RE1XEdV

Apparenty

Would this work, thinking a cheap amazon fire and one of these could make for a really pretty interface?

Last edited:
Use roon with Microsoft Surface Dial

I Like to let you know that under rooExtend - Home I published a Respberry Pi image for the Microsoft Surface Dial I called rooDial.

rooDial can be copied on an SD Card and is ready to run. It runs within your WiFi and also with wired ethernet. It is a real roon extension so the customization of the Dial functionality can be done within the roon GUI also from your phone or iPad.

I use it since some weeks now and I can't imagine having to do without it again. Hope this is also a useful extension for you.

It is compatible with any roon ready playback device and with the roon bridge. You don’t need a Windows PC and it also works with roon nucleus.

Best DrCWO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.