noob I2S question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"ZERO" dac

Hi Andrea,

I'm going to built The "ZERO" dac by Alessandro Galavotti. I have a tube preamp, I'll use it to drive the dac.

please visit Mr. Galavotti's page. There is the schema.
"using Cd-pro mechanism that already gives I2S outputs allows us to spare clocking components (CS8412) reducing to the lowest all jitter problems."

Best regards,
Pete

Re: "ZERO" dac

p_ete2003 said:
Hi Andrea,

I'm going to built The "ZERO" dac by Alessandro Galavotti. I have a tube preamp, I'll use it to drive the dac.

please visit Mr. Galavotti's page. There is the schema.
"using Cd-pro mechanism that already gives I2S outputs allows us to spare clocking components (CS8412) reducing to the lowest all jitter problems."

Best regards,
Pete

Hi Pete,
I was referring to the internal CDROM DAC... if it uses a I2S DAC you can tap these signals out, otherwise (i.e. Sony/BB format or others) the TDA1541 won't work.
I know A. Galavotti's design, the key factor is that he uses a CD-PRO mechanism from Philips that outputs IIS signals.
So you might be able to find such signals on Philips CDROMS but since Philips itself uses other data formats also (TDA1545, TDA1543A) this is not guaranteed at all.

Cheers

Andrea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.