Modifing a CD player to receive external digital source

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a CD player based on a AD1865 DAC chip that I would like to modify so it will be able to accept external digital source (I2S) signal.
I can't find the CD player service manual anywhere online so all that mentioned below is only me guessing, I have only basic knowledge in this field.

My plan is to cut the traces and install a 2 way I2S switch so I can choose to play CD's or switch to the external source.
because the AD1865 chip cannot accept I2S signal there must be a shift register connected to it.

There is a YAMAHA YM3433B-D digital filter before the AD1865 and I can trace a DATA(SDI), LR clock(SDSY) and bit clock (BCI) that connected from the YM3433 to a YAMAHA YM7121C (controller???) and receive the DATA(SDI), LR clock(SDSY) and bit clock (BCI) signals from it.

I would like to know please if anyone knows where do I need to connect the 2 way I2S switch?
The I2S switch can switch DATA, LRCK, BCK and MCK.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.