Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

quality FLAC recorder deck?
quality FLAC recorder deck?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th July 2019, 09:31 PM   #1
neazoi is offline neazoi  Greece
diyAudio Member

Default quality FLAC recorder deck?

Hi I would like to investigate if there are FLAC or WAV recorder decks out there that are able to write to and read from SD cards.
So say I have a CD and I want to convert it to FLAC or fully uncompressed so as not to loose any data, or even download FLACs from the net and play them.
It should also support other lossy compression formats for record apart from FLAC/wav.
I prefer Decks, but if there is no one then a handheld device is ok as long as it supports record from analogue line and conversion to flac/wav as well.
I like SD cards because it is like the good olf cassettes, you hold your music on your hand.
I am talking about quality machines from well known HI-FI companies, no the cheap Asian stuff.

I like high fidelity music but I am new to the FLAC and I do not want to mess up with PCs for this one. Please let me know if you have any machines to propose, just to give me a start to search more.

Last edited by neazoi; 29th July 2019 at 09:59 PM.
Old 29th July 2019, 10:15 PM   #2
stratus46 is offline stratus46  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neazoi View Post
Hi I would like to investigate if there are FLAC or WAV recorder decks out there that are able to write to and read from SD cards.
So say I have a CD and I want to convert it to FLAC or fully uncompressed so as not to loose any data, or even download FLACs from the net and play them.
It should also support other lossy compression formats for record apart from FLAC/wav.
I prefer Decks, but if there is no one then a handheld device is ok as long as it supports record from analogue line and conversion to flac/wav as well.
I like SD cards because it is like the good olf cassettes, you hold your music on your hand.
I am talking about quality machines from well known HI-FI companies, no the cheap Asian stuff.

I like high fidelity music but I am new to the FLAC and I do not want to mess up with PCs for this one. Please let me know if you have any machines to propose, just to give me a start to search more.
I record to .WAV and convert later. This works quite well.

DR-05 | OVERVIEW | TASCAM - United States

G
Old 29th July 2019, 10:28 PM   #3
nironiro is offline nironiro  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Tascam and Denon Professional have standalone digital recorders that use SD cards.

quality FLAC recorder deck?Hide this!Advertise here!