Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Nad 5100 recognizes but doesn't play
Nad 5100 recognizes but doesn't play
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th July 2019, 04:29 PM   #1
Depaj is offline Depaj  France
diyAudio Member

Default Nad 5100 recognizes but doesn't play

Hello,

Here I am again with cd trouble. A NAD 5100 I found recognizes discs (shows total number of tracks and total time) but when I press play it makes a lot of noises, sometimes it spins, sometimes it doesn't and keeps trying to focus. I scoped the "eye pattern" and it's very blurry and unstable. Also sometimes I have to give the disc a helping hand to get it spinning. The adjustment explained in the service manual (found at hifiengine) is quite complicated and some external circuitry and test discs are needed but is there a basic way to adjust this and/or determine if the laser pickup is just tired ?

Thanks

Last edited by Depaj; 27th July 2019 at 04:33 PM.

Nad 5100 recognizes but doesn't playHide this!Advertise here!