Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Which is the best SPDIF Coax transport:  Smsl Dp3 or Allo DigiOne Signature ?
Which is the best SPDIF Coax transport:  Smsl Dp3 or Allo DigiOne Signature ?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th July 2019, 04:45 AM   #1
ygg-it is offline ygg-it  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default Which is the best SPDIF Coax transport: Smsl Dp3 or Allo DigiOne Signature ?

Hello I want the best SPDIF Coax player for my DIY DAC.

1) Smsl Dp3 (0% DIY, a part of PS) : I am following it because it seems that as a pure player (that is to say, going digital out into a more efficient dac) it has an extraordinary quality: someone claims that, just as it comes out of the box, it is already superior to Allo Digione (which already sounds great).
Then, there are those who have replaced replacing the power supply by changing internal with a low-noise linear external ...

Smsl dp3 un petit lecteur reseau surprenant et performant • LS3/5a le forum

2) Allo DigiOne Signature (100% DIY): networked S/PDIF converter built on top of Raspberry Pi single board computer with two power inputs , one for “dirty side” and one for “clean side” . People say it has more bass and separation with the same clarity of the original Digione, very pleasant to listen to.

Which of the two is worth?
Old 24th July 2019, 11:51 AM   #2
AnthonyA is offline AnthonyA
diyAudio Member

I tried both
I would choose allo digione signature. Even with a soso supply sounds good, like what you say pleasant. Natural depth 3d dense slam. Find the DP3 a bit bright. Need work. Tried bluesound digital out cut bandwidth not great

If your only choice is digital coax. Then I think digione signature is good choice. Just quite expensive... Total damage you can buy a stack audio or project s2 haven't tried but seems higher quality my 2 cents only.

Which is the best SPDIF Coax transport:  Smsl Dp3 or Allo DigiOne Signature ?Hide this!Advertise here!