Toshiba DVD disc error

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I have a Toshiba SD900e (it may apply also to SD9200 SD9500 SD9000) which reads DVD's but not CD's. I don't know if there is a general reason for this: such as DVD read speed is different to CD or whatever... it's very odd altogether because if it's a mecanism problem it should also affect the DVD? same applies if it's a laser lens problem?:confused:
I've googled and read several "solutions" for disc error issues at other forums but its doesn't make sence to me if dvd works and cd not...
And then there is the "firmware" which I hear that it should be upgraded...but don't even know how to acces to "toshiba's OS".
I really appreciate your help if you can share your thoughts about this issue.
Also I'm trying to find the laser lens replacement.
Thanks!!

Hello, I have a Toshiba SD900e (it may apply also to SD9200 SD9500 SD9000) which reads DVD's but not CD's. I don't know if there is a general reason for this: such as DVD read speed is different to CD or whatever... it's very odd altogether because if it's a mecanism problem it should also affect the DVD? same applies if it's a laser lens problem?:confused:
I've googled and read several "solutions" for disc error issues at other forums but its doesn't make sence to me if dvd works and cd not...
And then there is the "firmware" which I hear that it should be upgraded...but don't even know how to acces to "toshiba's OS".
I really appreciate your help if you can share your thoughts about this issue.
Also I'm trying to find the laser lens replacement.
Thanks!!

Hi, I have the same issue with the same player and I was wondering if you managed to find a solution.

Thank you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.